Naval Station Felix Apolinario (NSFA), Panacan, Davao City
September 1, 2017
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte attended the 11th founding anniversary celebration of the Eastern Mindanao Command (EASTMINCOM) at the Naval Station Felix Apolinario (NSFA) in Panacan, Davao City.
The Eastern Mindanao Command was officially activated on August 28, 2006 with its first Commander, MGen. Rodolfo S. Obaniana.
With this year’s theme, ‘EASTMINCOM: Your Reliable Partner for Real Change and Development in Eastern Mindanao’, it continues to secure the South Eastern, Central and Northern Mindanao with the mission to conduct joint operations against all national security threats.
The Chief Executive led the distribution of medals and plaques to the following awardees:
• Gold Cross Medal — 1LT Robert Wanawan, Jr.; 2LT Dennis Cortejo; PFC Alex Gocela, Jr.; Ssg. Dexter Baldisaca; and Cpl. Renato Antecristo
• Silver Cross Medal — Col. Erwin Bernard Neri; Col. Adonis Bajao; LtC. Arlino
Sendaydiego; TSg. Roland Cabarles; and SSg. Arleen Mordeno
• Best Enlisted Personnel — SSg. Rey Tamiok
• Best Civilian Employee — Charmaine Calungsod
• 25th (Infantry Battalion) IB, 10th Infantry Division — Best Battalion South Eastern Mindanao
• 26th (Infantry Battalion) IB, 4th Infantry Division — Best Battalion North Eastern Mindanao
• 534th Engineer Construction Battalion, 52nd Engineer Brigade – Best Engineer Construction Battalion
• Patrol Ship 20 — Best Operating Naval Assets
• Tactical Operations Group 11, Tactical Operations Command — Best Tactical Operations Group
In his message, President Duterte expressed his gratitude to the EASTMINCOM for continually supporting the government’s peace campaign within the Mindanao region.
“The nation and our people are eternally grateful for the efforts of the troops in field or in office in combatting communist insurgency and in actively supporting the campaign against illegal drugs… together, with your command we encourage political leaders and stakeholders to work closely with EASTMINCOM towards making Mindanao and its people safe and secure…” the President said.
* * *