14 September 2014
The Trocadero Gardens (Jardins du Trocadéro) located in the 16th arrondissement of Paris has the Palais de Chaillot and the Eiffel Tower on the background (opposite bank of the Seine). It was created for the Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne (1937).
Designed by Parisian architect Roger-Henri Expert, its main feature is a long basin called the Fountain of Warsaw. These beautiful fountains and water cannons are the only exposition fountains which still exist today and serve as a main attraction for tourists.
* * *