Amman, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
September 6, 2018
The Philippines’ Cabinet Members, alongside their Jordanian counterparts, sign several agreements and memoranda of understanding (MOUs) prior to President Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s Welcome Ceremony at the Al Husseinieh Palace in Amman, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan on September 6, 2018.
The agreements include the following:
1. MOU on Political Consultations between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates of Jordan and the Department of Foreign Affairs of the Philippines, signed by Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano and Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Minister Ayman Sadafi
2. MOU on Defense Cooperation between the Jordan Armed Forces-Arab Army and the Department of National Defense (DND) of the Philippines, signed by DND Secretary Delfin Lorenzana and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Lt. Gen. Mahmoud Freihat
3. Agreement between the Jordan Maritime Commission and the Maritime Industry Authority of the Philippines concerning the Recognition of Certificates under the Terms of the 1978 STCW (Standards of Training Certification and Watch Keeping for Seafarers) Convention, signed by Ambassador of the Republic of the Philippines to Jordan Akmad Atlah Sakkam and Jordan Maritime Commission Director General Salah Ali Abu Afifeh
4. Cooperation Framework for Employment of Domestic Workers, and MOU on Labor Cooperation between Jordan and the Philippines, signed by Minister of Labor Samir Murad and Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Secretary Silvestre Bello III;
5. MOU between the Jordan Investment Commission and the Board of Investments of the Philippines, signed by Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Secretary Ramon Lopez and Minister of State for Investment Affairs Muhannad Shehadeh
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s milestone visit to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan aims to deepen bilateral ties between the two countries since it was established on March 1, 1976.
* * *