Rizal Hall, Malacañan Palace
8 January 2014
In a simple ceremony, President Benigno S. Aquino III received the credentials of eight non-resident ambassadors to the country. They are the following:
1) H.E. Titi Amina Pardi – Ambassador of the Republic of Suriname
2) H.E. Dr. Dibaba Abdetta – Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Ethiopia
3) H.E. Jacob Dickie Nkate – Ambassador of the Republic of Botswana
4) H.E. Joaquim Alberto De Sousa Moreira De Lemos – Ambassador of the Portuguese Republic or Portugal
5) H.E. Khalid Abdelgadir Shukri – Ambassador of the Republic of Sudan
6) H.E. Miles Kaweche Banda – Ambassador of the Republic of Zambia
7) H.E. Leiataua Tuitolova’a Dr. Kilifoti Eteauati – Ambassador of the Independent State of Samoa
8) H.E. Egidijus Meilunas – Ambassador of the Republic of Lithuania
In brief remarks, the President warmly welcomed the eight envoys and said that his administration is pursuing a positive engagement with a wider community of nations by renewing ties of cooperation and strengthening friendship.
President Aquino added that he looks forward to work meaningfully with their respective countries not just on areas of common interest such as fostering people-to-people ties but in encouraging their support to address climate change.
* * *