12 January 2016
Full honors were accorded to two resident and seven nonresident ambassadors-designate when they presented their credentials in Malacañang to President Benigno S. Aquino III.
The President accepted the credentials from Iran Ambassador-designate Mohammad Tanhaei and Her Excellency Amanda Louise Gorely of Australia.
The seven nonresident ambassadors are as follows:
1. H.E. Marcin Kubiak – Republic of Poland
2. H.E. Drazen Margeta – Republic of Croatia
3. H.E. Askhat Orazbay – Republic of Kazakhstan
4. H.E. Yahya Ngam – Islamic Republic of Mauritania
5. H.E Nasreddine Rimouche – People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
6. H.E. Tumur Lkhagvadorj – Mongolia
7. H.E. Abubaccar Jah – Republic of The Gambia
In a brief statement after the presentation of credentials, President Aquino expressed his hope in being able to build on the relations with one another and that the stay of the Ambassadors in the Philippines will be productive even after his term ends.
“It is occasions like this that restore my faith, because while it is true that challenges are formidable, I still believe that they can be resolved with purposeful and united world action; that if we can complement each other’s strengths, we can overcome these difficulties, and ultimately bring about a world that is truly peaceful, prosperous and progressive, where no nation — and no individual — is left behind,” he said.
Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Laura del Rosario and Presidential Chief of Protocol Celia Anna Feria were also present during the event.
* * *