Vientiane, Lao PDR
September 2, 2016
Considered as the holiest temple in Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR), the Pha That Luang is a Buddhist golden stupa towering 45 meters tall and is believed to contain a relic of the Lord Buddha.
It was originally built in 1566 by King Setthathirath and restored in 1953. King Setthathirath was one of the most notable kings who ruled the Kingdom from 1548-1571. He moved the capital of Lao PDR from Luang Prabang to Vientiane.
* * *