Rizal Hall, Malacañan Palace
August 1, 2016
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte administers the mass oath taking of his 23 appointed officials.
They include the following:
• Acting Deputy Executive Secretary for Legal Affairs Ryan Alvin Acosta
• Governance Commission for GOCCS (GCG) Undersecretaries Michael Cloribel and Samuel Dagpin
• Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Deputy Commissioner Lanee David
• Department of National Defense (DND) Undersecretaries Ricardo David Jr. and Raymundo Elefante
• Office of the Vice President (OVP) Chief of Staff Philip Francis Dy
• Presidential Management Staff (PMS) Assistant Secretary Joseph Encabo
• GCG Chair Jaime Maria Flores
• Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Undersecretary Mario Luis Jacinto
• Presidential Adviser on Economic Affairs Ramon Jacinto
• Executive Director of the Office the Cabinet Secretary (OCS) Gloria Jumamil-Mercado
• PMS Undersecretaries Atty. Lloyd Christopher Lao and Atty. Anderson Lo
• Presidential Adviser on Overseas Filipino Workers Abdullah Mamao
• Appointments Secretary Maria Felisa Marques
• National Anti-Poverty Commission (NAPC) Secretary Liza Maza
• Acting Deputy Executive Secretary for General Administration Michael Ong
• Chief of Presidential Protocol Marciano Paynor Jr.
• Undersecretary of the Office of the President Jesus Melchor Quitain
• Presidential Adviser on Military Affairs Arthur Tabaquero
• OCS Undersecretary Maia Chiara Halmen Reina Valdez, and
• Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Mark Villar
Prior to the oath taking, President Duterte made a statement concerning the peace talks in Mindanao and with the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP).
“We are hoping that we could just talk. Maybe we just don’t understand each other. The best way is really to talk again and find out whether it is reachable or beyond our reach,” the President said. “In the coming days, my desire is just to see my nation at peace and for everybody in this generation,” he added.
After the photo opportunity with the newly sworn in officials, the President talked on his plan to stop contractualization and illegal mining in the country.
* * *