Pacific Adventist University, Papua New Guinea
November 16, 2018
Department of Agriculture (DA) Secretary Emmanuel Piñol and Papuan Agriculture and Livestock Minister Benny Allan signed the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for the Joint Rice Development Project between the Republic of the Philippines and the Independent State of Papua New Guinea in a ceremony at the Pacific Adventists University in Papua New Guinea on November 16, 2018.
The said project seeks to promote the agricultural cooperation of the Philippines and Papua New Guinea on the basis of equality and mutual respect.
The scope of the cooperation includes the following:
• Investments in agriculture in light of laws and regulations of their respective countries;
• Exchange of professionals, scientists, technicians and farmers for study, observation and training in agriculture;
• Exchange of genetic materials and technologies subject to existing laws, regulations and policies of both countries;
• Exchange of scientific and technical information and technology;
• Collaborative studies and research on mutually agreed specific areas on agriculture;
• and organization of workshops, symposia, training courses, and exhibition on subjects of mutual interest of both.
Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Secretary Ramon Lopez, Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar, Presidential Spokesperson and Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Secretary Salvador Panelo, Philippine Ambassador to Papua New Guinea Bienvenido Tejano, and other officials from the Papuan national government were present during the signing ceremony.
* * *