Los Angeles, California
10 February 2016
The Hollywood sign was erected in 1923, built by the Los Angeles Times publisher Harry Chandler to upscale the Hollywood land real estate development. It was originally intended to last for a year and a half. However, what was used to upscale a real estate has become the representative not only of the city, but the movie industry and lifestyle.
The original letter of the sign was 30 feet wide and approximately 43 feet tall, constructed of 3×9′ metal squares rigged together by an intricate frame of scaffolding, pipes, wires and telephone poles.
* * *