Da Nang City, Vietnam
November 5, 2017
Known as the candy pink cathedral, the Da Nang Cathedral was built in 1923 and is the only church built in the city during the French colonial period to serve the French Roman Catholics living in Da Nang City at the time.
Measuring 70 meters in height, the Gothic-style design of the cathedral features several “medieval stained glass windows of various saints” and a statue of a gray rooster on its rooftop, symbolizing the story of St. Peter in the Gospel about repentance and awakening.
Currently, Da Nang Cathedral “serves 4,000 parishioners and offers services in different languages, with sermons in English every Sundays.”