President’s Hall, Malacañan Palace
30 May 2014
President Benigno S. Aquino III received the Board of Directors of the Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, commonly known as ANZ, in a courtesy call at Malacañan Palace.
The ANZ has been operating for 175 years now. It first opened as the “Bank of Australiasia” in 1835 in Sydney, Australia, and its current headquarters is located in Melbourne. Aside from Australia, ANZ caters to 33 markets globally, ranging from New Zealand, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, America, and in the Middle East. It provides banking services and financial products to over eight million customers worldwide.
Present during the courtesy call were Trade and Industry Secretary Gregory Domingo and Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima.
* * *