17 September 2014
It is Berlin’s largest palace which was built in 1699 by Elector Friedrich II for herwife Sophie Charlotte. It was rebuilt in 1950s afterbeing damaged during World War II. The statue of Fortuna, the goddess of happiness, can be found in the tower and the Belvedere Teahouse. The Old Place, which is one of its attractions, consists of royal apartments, a collection of Japanese and Chinese porcelain, silverware chambers and baroque rooms.
* * *