Santa Rosa City, Laguna
August 22, 2023
President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. graced the 35th anniversary of Toyota Motors Philippines Corporation (TMP) at the Toyota Special Economic Zone in Santa Rosa City, Laguna.
To commemorate 35 years of collaboration with the Philippine government, TMP donated 35 Toyota vehicles to the Office of the President as an expression of gratitude for the enduring partnership and commitment to revitalizing the local automotive manufacturing industry.
Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Chairman Akio Toyoda handed over the keys of the 35 various Toyota vehicles to President Marcos Jr. These include:
* 10 units of Hiace Ambulance 3.0 M/T – ZD – 24
* Five (5) units of Lite Ace 1.5L Pickup MT – VB – 3
* Five (5) units of Innova 2.8J M/T – DM-6
* Five (5) units of Vios 1.3 XLE CVT – EK – 29
* Three (3) units of Yaris Cross 1.5 S HEV CVT 2T PC – BC – 2
* Five (5) Lite Ace 1.5L Cargo MT – V2 – 5
* Two (2) units of Coaster, customized for the Lab For All program of the Office of the First Lady.v
Since expanding its manufacturing operations in the Philippines in 1988, Toyota Motors Philippines Corporation (TMP) has contributed significantly to the country’s economy, particularly in developing the automotive industry.
To date, TMP and the Toyota Group have cumulatively invested PhP73.7 billion (since 2000), paid duties and taxes of PhP448 billion and exported US$18.76 billion worth of auto parts and components (since 1997).
With the Philippines serving as the manufacturing hub for Toyota Vios and Innova, TMP recently green lighted the manufacturing of the next generation Tamaraw, projected to boost local parts production, technology transfer, job creation, worker upskilling and providing better quality for Filipinos.
Furthermore, TMP is exploring the potential of harnessing local talents for software development in response to the growing demand for intelligent and advanced technology in mobility.
* * *