Sofitel, Pasay City
11 December 2015
President Benigno S. Aquino III was given the “Most Outstanding Exemplar Award” for his achievements in good governance and economic development during the annual Bulong Pulungan Christmas Party in Sofitel, Pasay City.
On the same occasion, the President handed out the Exemplar Awards to several individuals from the private and government sectors who have made their mark in their respective fields.
The Exemplar awardees in government service included:
1. Finance (DOF) Secretary Cesar Purisima
2. Science and Technology (DOST) Secretary Mario Montejo
3. Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) Chairman Cristino Naguiat, Jr.
4. Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) President and General Manager Robert Vergara
5. Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Governor Mujiv Hataman
6. Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) Former Director-General Emmanuel ‘Joel’ Villanueva
The private sector awardees consisted of:
7. Honorary Consul General of Latvia to the Philippines Robert Lim Joseph
8. Philippine Small and Medium Business Development (PHILSMED) Chairman Mina Gabor
9. SM Prime Holdings Chairperson Teresita Sy-Coson
10. Philippine Bamboo Foundation, Inc. President Edgardo Manda
11. Solar Entertainment Corp. Chairman Wilson Tieng
In his speech, President Aquino expressed his gratitude to the members of Bulong Pulungan for all the hard work that they put in to situate the news in its proper context, for reporting the right information at the right time, and for being fair and focused as possible in giving the right angle of a story.
“I trust that, as exemplars of your profession, you will continue to do your part to speak the truth and deliver our message of hope – not only in the next six months, but even long after I leave the office,” the President added.
Started in 1986, the Bulong Pulungan is an annual celebration that has tirelessly gathered the best and most interesting personalities from the government and private sectors, as well as the most credible columnists.
* * *