Pha That Luang, Vientiane, Lao PDR
1 November 2012
A Buddhist golden stupa at 45 metres tall believed to contain a relic of the Lord Buddha. It is considered as the most important national cultural monument in Lao PDR originally built in 1566 by King Setthathirath and restored in 1953. King Setthathirath was one of the most notable kings who had ruled the Kingdom from 1548-1571. He moved the capital from Luang Prabang to Vientiane.