Boston, MA, U.S.A.
20 September 2014
- Philippine Consulate General in New York
- Consul General Mario De Leon discussed the homecoming of President Benigno S. Aquino III to Boston, Massachusetts which served as the Aquino family’s home for three years during martial law.
- He cited the significance of the President’s visit which includes meeting with the Filipino community in Boston, presenting the recipient of the Benigno and Corazon Aquino Scholarship at Boston College, and delivering a policy speech at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
- According to the Consul General, Filipinos are very much eager to see President Aquino since Boston holds a special place in his heart.
- In addition, he tackled the various services and assistance being given by the Philippine Consulate in New York to Filipinos who now comprise the second largest ethnic community in the United States.