Mandate and Functions
- Executive Order No. 297 dated 25 July 1987 signed and issued by President Corazon C. Aquino.
- Cites under Section 14 Attached Agencies the creation of the Presidential Broadcast Staff / Radio-Television Malacañang.
- EO 297 designates PBS-RTVM as the entity with the sole responsibility and exclusive prerogative to decide on policy/operational matters concerning the television medium as it is utilized for the official documentation of all the President’s activities for news dissemination purposes and for video archiving.
- To provide audio and video documentation of the President’s official functions and activities;
- To provide coverage and broadcast production of events of national significance and special celebrations involving the Presidency;
- To undertake in-house production of broadcast materials for dissemination to public and private media networks
- To produce broadcast materials in coordination with other government offices and entities to highlight programs and update the nation on development projects being undertaken;
- To evaluate active coordination with members of the public and private broadcast networks for interaction between the President and the various publics;
- To help strengthen public and private broadcast linkages thru agency initiated projects like the operation of the Philippine Broadcast Pool which is activated during emergency broadcasts and the coverage of the foreign and local travels of the President.
- To maintain a Presidential Video Archives.