“Partnering for Change, Engaging the World”
The Philippines chairs this year’s 30th and 31st Association of Southeast Asian Nations Summits and the 50th founding anniversary of ASEAN since its establishment in August 8, 1967.
The theme for ASEAN 2017, “Partnering for Change, Engaging the World”, reflects the Philippine government’s advocacy to promote unity with and among ASEAN member states and its global partners.
This 2017, the Philippines holds the task of steering our young and vibrant Association through the challenges ahead. During this period, we will place the spotlight on ASEAN as a model of regionalism and as a global player amid rising tensions among nations. This will require the cooperation and support of all ASEAN member states, which is essential to the realization of our goal of peace and harmony in the region.
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte
List of Events:
- March 14-16, 2017 – 3rd ASEAN-OECD Good Regulatory Practices Network (GRPN) Meeting and Workshops
- March 8-10, 2017 – 23rd ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Retreat and Related Meetings
- March 6-9, 2017 – 22nd Senior Officials Committee for the ASCC (SOCA) and 17th ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (ASCC) Council Meeting
- February 19-21, 2017 – ASEAN Labor Ministers’ Retreat (SOM and Ministers Retreat)
- February 13-15, 2017 – 23rd Meeting of ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR)
- January 24, 2017 – ASEAN 2017 Business and Investment Program Launch
- January 15, 2017 – Launching of Philippines’ Chairmanship of ASEAN for 2017
- September 8, 2016 – ASEAN Chairmanship Turnover Ceremony
For more information, visit asean2017.ph